Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Stove burners dont light up all the time any longer. When

Stove burners don't light up all the time any longer. When we turn the burner on, put the burner on lite setting we hear the ignitor click, but the burners flame doesn't come on. Then we use a lighter to ignite the burner & flame comes on. This is happening to all 4 burners. After we use a cigarette lighter & the flame is on for a while, we turn the flame off & use the ignitor on the stove, the burners turns flame on. However, say if we try to turn the flame on next day, same thing happens, the burner can't start flame with the stove's ignitor.

Sorry I dont have the model #, I will try to get it tomorrow.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me the model number please from the sticker inside the drawer to the left or right or from around the door aperture please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't have the model # XXXXX me. But it is a min of 13 year old stove I think. Please see attached photo. Can you help without the model #?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Open the drawer at the bottom then look to the right or left of the drawer, you should see a sticker with the model number and serial number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

model # XXXXX serial # XXXXX /p>

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

model # XXXXX serial # XXXXX 256 6200Can you also please let me know the how old this stove is? Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just checking if you can help me with this. I am going to try to the unit where the stove is in a couple of hours. Thanks

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
I'm on the road at the moment, will respond when I return in about a hour. Thanks
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok first try cleaning the electrodes with a wire brush if you are seeing the spark but the flame is not igniting, Clean around the electrodes and on the burner opposite where the spark jumps to. If this does not cure the problem then you have a bad spark module.

I would like to earn your highest rating, Please reply If you have any other questions or need further assistance.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave. It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem by clicking HERE :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

may i please ask where the electrodes are and whatvthey are?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Sure the electrodes are where the spark comes from, sometimes you will need to pull the burner cap off to see them.

graphic
Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

2 burners are now working. I hear the spark, but they don't light up automatically. I see only a metal stick sticking out from under the burner where the spark is coming from. Seems like the burns are sealed, so I can't lift the burners. Please let me know how can clean the electrodes to get the other 2 burners working. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was wondering if you had a chance to think about how I can fix this problem? Thank you

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Ok sorry I let this question slip past me, You should be able to clean the electrode without removing the burner.