Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a Whirlpool washing machine...Model#LSB6200KQ0 and the

I have a Whirlpool washing machine...Model#LSB6200KQ0 and the tub is full of water and will not drain. The unit is about 3 years old and when you turn the dial around the only things that works is the agitator.........nothing else seems to work no matter where you put the dial....that is it ......it will not drain and the tub will not spin. I suspect it may be the timer (behind the dial) however I checked to find that it is a very expensive item to replace. Is there a way to check it to be sure (if that's the problem) as a lot of parts dealers, any electrical sales are final!
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

In any of the other cycles can you hear the timer ticking?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not noticed and if I do (or don't) would that still indicate if the timer is bad?

I understand, It indicates that the timer is getting power or not getting power for one thing in those cycles. Are you able to check at this time? It has nothing to do with the timer being bad or not being bad, its a request for more information.

Thanks,
Barry

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have already taken the timer out of the washer and ordered a new one online for a 3 day delivery. Local parts houses are ridiculous on price! I am assuming it to be the problem.....everything appears to be intact otherwise. Nothing else works in all other positions on the timer and have tried numerous times. The only thing working is the agitator and drum will not drain. Would appreciate your thoughts as an alternate possibility of the problem.

You made a mistake. I asked a question, not offered a suggestion. If you can send it back send it back. Maybe I am not communicating well, I will open your question for all tech's to respond. Take care

Barry

Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Do you still need help with this problem?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, I seem to have gone through a bit of bad communication with the previous rep. You can review the file to this point as it is pretty self explanatory. Evidently he never got my responses to his questions and I got the impression I would not be hearing from him again. Assuming it was the timer, I removed it from the machine and ordered one online and only then he responded implying I made a mistake by jumping the gun!

If you have other ideas as to the source of the problem, I would like to hear from you as I still have an option to return the new timer.

Ok do you mind if I ask you a few questions in order that I better assist you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please see the file to this point........the problem still does exist!

Ok when the machine is turned to spin, does the machine act like it's dead no power?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THERE IS NO POWER WHEN TURNED TO SPIN OR ANY OTHER SELECTION ON THE DIAL............THE ONLY THING THAT OPERATES IS THE ADIGATOR , NOTHING ELSE.

Ok the problem is likely the lid switch, Try bypassing the lid switch then try running a load.

To bypass the lid switch access the control panel, disconnect the lid switch at the wire connector, On the connector that runs to the timer put a link in between the two outside wires (one in the middle is a ground), once a link is in try moving the dial to the spin cycle and check to see if the machine drains, If it does you have found your problem and will need to replace the lid switch.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please reply with any further questions you may have.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Mike...........This is the best and most logical answer I have received thus far!!!! I do not understand why it was so difficult to get this answer from the START!!!......It would certainly have saved a LOT of frustration!! I am not at location of the machine at this time but will do as you suggested later this evening. If that is the problem I will return the new timer, un-used, that I ordered on-line and expect to receive today. I will respond with results in the morning. And you bet.....you can expect to receive a top rating for your advice to resolve this frustrating ordeal.

Your welcome :) thanks!

Thanks!

Mike.