Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

my Maytag refrigerator is constantly running... Why is thi

my Maytag refrigerator is constantly running... Why is this?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number for your unit by chance? And is the refrigerator or freezer warming up at all?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

they are staying cold... the model number is XXXXX

OK so pull the refrigerator out and remove the lower back panel. Is the fan next to the compressor running?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No it is not running.

OK so that would be why the refrigerator is running all the time. That fan motor is designed to cool the compressor down so that the compressor can work more efficiently. Remove any debris if you find any blocking the fan from running. If you find nothing, then you'd want to test power at the fan motor to make sure it's getting 120 volts. If so, then replace the condenser fan motor. If it's not getting power, you'd want to order and replace the main control board since the compressor is getting power and the fan is not.