Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

WE HAVE A MAYTAG MBF 2258XEB AND WATER FREEZES UP IN BOTTOM

WE HAVE A MAYTAG MBF 2258XEB AND WATER FREEZES UP IN BOTTOM OF FREEZER EVERY 2 WEEKS ICE FORMS AND WE TAKE IT OUT LOOKS LIKE IT IS COMMING FROM VENT OR HEATER IN REAR FREEZER IS ON BOTTOM & REF IS ON TOP DOORS ARE TIGHT SEALED THANKS
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Just to clarify this water/ice is on the floor of the freezer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes water freezes up on bottom of freezer

The problem here Bill is the defrost drain is blocked, In order to fix this problem remove the shelfs/drawer from the freezer, Next remove the lower panel in the rear inside the freezer. Behind this panel you will see the evaporator (looks like a car radiator) below this you will see the defrost drain pan.

Use a hair dryer to melt the ice you will see in the drain pan. Mop the water up with paper towel, you will then see the defrost drain. Pour hot water into the drain pan, leave the water for a few minutes then mop it up, Repeat this several times until you see the water drain away.

Once you see the water drain install a defrost drain strap to stop this problem happening again. Click here to order a strap

At this point you will be all set and can button the unit back up :)

I would like to earn your highest rating, Please reply If you have any other questions or need further assistance.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave. It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge.

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem by clicking HERE :)