Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Jenn-Air oven. Model JJW9530DDS. 5 years old. Two issues: 1)

Jenn-Air oven. Model JJW9530DDS. 5 years old. Two issues: 1) oven light stays on...won't shut off....does not respond to digital "switch". 2) When I set "clean mode",
message says "close oven door". is closed. Evidently computer senses that it
is open. I am a builder. This oven is in my personal house. I am able to accomplish repairs if I am provided with the right information of what to do. BTW....I already tried
shutting off the breaker for 5 minutes. Also tried "fault detected" reset oven.....neither worked.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So both issues are related. The problem is that the oven thinks the door is open so the light stays on and won't go into self clean. The door switch itself would need to be ordered and replaced. Behind the vent panel just below the control panel is a rod on the right side that the door pushed when the door shuts. You'll want to look at this rod and see if it's sticking or has become un-mounted in any way. If you don't see anything wrong with physically, you'll want to replace the small micro switch that the rod activates. The part number for the switch is 74008263.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have checked the rod and it appears fine. So it must be the switch. I assume access to the switch is behind the black metal panel under the

control panel???? I see screws in the black panel. Please clarify if that is how I get to the switch......

So that is correct. But you can access the switch two ways. First by removing the control panel, or second by pulling the oven out and removing the screws coming in from the top to remove the top panel above the oven. EIther way you can access the switch.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there a schematic available showing this appliance's parts and construction?

Sure you can copy the link below and see the parts breakdown at for your model.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just fixed the oven. The problem was not a defective switch. The problem was the push rod had partially disconnected from the existing switch. One of the two screws that connect the push rod to the switch was completely out and laying on the horizontal surface. The other screw was loose.

Now I have an extra switch that I bought from Sears Parts. It arrived yesterday. I was waiting for it before I dismantled the oven. I may try to return it for a refund.
-Bill XXXX

Aye, that does happen sometimes which is why I suggested to look at the rod in case something came unmounted in any way, but either way the switch isn't incredibly expensive so even if you can't return it, it will still be a lot cheaper than calling a technician out to look at the appliance.