Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

dryer wont start

dryer wont start
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have any signs of life on the dryer at all? And have you checked power to the dryer and are you definitely getting 240 volts not just 120 volts?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Tyler the voltage is 240v.

OK perfect. So now you'll need to make some tests. You need to test power between the BLUE and WHITE wire going to the motor. Do you have 120 volts between the 2 wires with the door shut and the start button pushed in? If not, then test the blue wire to ground. Do you have 120 volts to ground?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have taken the timer out to be tested so I can't make those test i'll have to do that latter thanks for your service.

OK, well you'll want to make those test to determine if the motor is getting power or if it's not getting neutral or power. That would give you a direction on where to look to see what could be cutting out the dryer form running.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Replaced timer, dryer working fine. Thanks for your help. Archie

Not a problem at all and thank you for the update.