John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

When I push the button to turned my washing machine on, it

Customer Question

When I push the button to turned my washing machine on, it will not start. It is a Maytag front door loader, 2000 Series, Model CHW8990XWO. What could cause this problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you! Do you get three fast beeps?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

From Bunyon: Answer to your questions. yes I get three fast beeps when I push the button to turn the washer on.

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Thank you. Remove the top cover from the machine and locate the machine control in the upper RH corner. On the side of that control is a wire harness that is labeled MI3. With the machine unplugged, carefully disconnect that MI3 cable, plug the washer back in and see if the control will then turn on. Let me know what happens, please.