Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Our Maytag Dishwasher model# XXXXX is suddenly leaving

Our Maytag Dishwasher model# XXXXX is suddenly leaving soap in the automatic dispenser. After the complete cycle will find that the soap dispenser door is open as it should be, but almost all the soap is left inside as one unit. The soap will easily break-up. We haven't changed our brand of soap, it's Cascade. Why would the soap stop being dispensed when the door is open? Thank you, Tom
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! If you look at the water level after the machine starts washing, does it appear to have adequate water in the tub?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, In fact the dishes all come out surprisingly clean.I guess from the little soap holder on the side of the dispenser.

Okay, so let's look at the most common causes. Is the rack in backwards, blocking the cap from opening? Dishes getting loaded where they are impeding the cap from opening when the door is shut? Lower spray arm holes plugged?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No overloading, The rack and everything is correct. The soap dispenser door/cap is always open and the end of it's cycle. Spray arms ok. Is there a filter for the pump? Maybe the water pressure is too low?

That would be the only thing left, poor recirculation pressure. The filter is shown as number 6 in the breakdown. If it is plugged, it will most likely need to be replaced because cleaning is not usually very successful with the fine mesh. That filter is available below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

If the filter is found to be clean, the wash impeller, number 5, will need to be replaced, available below.

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!