Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

viking dishwasher when started will drain for about 3 minutes

Customer Question

viking dishwasher when started will drain for about 3 minutes shut down and first two buttons on the read out blink
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you tell me which buttons are flashing? What are the names of those buttons exactly? Heavy duty? etc...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Heavy duty and normal

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK perfect thank you. So this is what I suspected. This error code means it's taking too long to fill up the tub. The dishwasher is supposed to drain for a minute or so when it starts the cycle and then it should try filling. You will need to make sure you have the water supply turned on to the dishwasher and the dishwasher is getting water to the dishwasher. If that checks good, the electronic water valve behind the kick panel below the door will need to be replaced because it's not allowing enough water into the dishwasher to start the wash cycle properly.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I got a water valve but nothing lights up on the panel like theres no power. There is power

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, First, there are no reset buttons or anything that you can just push to get the dishwasher working again. If you're certain that there is power getting to the dishwasher, remove the kick panel below the dishwasher and look for the area where the power cord connects to the dishwasher.  Turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher before servicing.  Remove the cover plate and look at the wire connections to see if any of the wires in the junctions box have shorted out.  If they have been shorted or melted, you'll need to cut them back and re-wire them.  If you find nothing at all wrong with the connections, then your control board is just shorted for one reason or another and the control board inside the door will need to be ordered and replaced.