Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Model JGD8430ADS cooktop - right front burner igniter constantly

Model JGD8430ADS cooktop - right front burner igniter constantly sparks when burner is not lite - even with control in OFF position. I recycled the unit by unplugging the electrical plug - no ignition spark with unit unplugged but once plugged in it started to spark again. What might cause this?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up that model number please.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sure

The problem here Bill is that the switch that is mounted to the valve for that particular burner has either got moisture in it and has shorted or has just failed shorting the switch out.

First try shutting the power off for 24 hours in order to give the switch time to dry, If this fails to clear the problem then the switch will need to be replaced.

To order your replacement part >>>>> CLICK HERE <<<<< To order your replacement part.

I would like to earn your highest rating, Please reply If you have any other questions or need further assistance.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave. It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge.

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem by clicking HERE :)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mike,

Are these Spark ignition switches interchangeable between burners? Item is out of stock and the RF burner is the one most used...could I replace wih one from another burner?

Yes you could swap out the right rear burner, This is the same part number Bill :)