Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

maytag washer will only wash in all cycles

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Are the clothes coming out twisted up in knots? Does the tub spin while it is agitating?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the washer only adjitates does not try to spin ;; it washes fine but when it tries to spin it keeps adjitating

Oh, okay, I understand now. If you put the machine to a spin cycle manually, will it spin?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no it will not try to spin the adjitator just keeps adjitating ;

Okay, and the water will not pump out, either?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes the water pump pumps out the water ;;;

Okay, so if the water pumps out, the timer is telling the motor to turn in the right direction and the motor is, so that leaves the transmission as suspect. The transmission is quite expensive and also requires replacing the center seal kit. It will not likely be economical to repair this machine. However, the transmission is available below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!