Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

my maytag neptune washer is filling upwith water by itself

my maytag neptune washer is filling upwith water by itself at night. It used to be a little but today it was about 3 inches deep in the drum the model number is XXXXX is it the inlet water valve?

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Can I get the serial number of the unit please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

mah5500bwm serial 74998861zy

Are you sure that the model number is XXXXXM?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

W sorry

Thank you, yes you have a leaking water valve on your unit, not a hard repair to do on this model. you can order the correct valve by clicking on the blue link below to order it...

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory