Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio model WTW6300SWO. The machine stopped

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio model WTW6300SWO. The machine stopped working mid-cycle and now will only run a small amount of water in, will only turn the tub a partial turn in either direction, will not drain, and the control panle just beeps and flashes. There is no code being displayed. I tried unplugging the machine for several minutes but that did not help. The machine is 10 years old - is it toast?

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

What is flashing on the display?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The display only flashes the minutes remaining in the cycle.

Jonah,
do you know how to put it into diagnostics?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I don't know how to do that, and I am at work. Perhaps you can offer possible trouble-shooting tips that I can try at home before purchasing a new machine. Once before there was an issue with clogging - tech said it was due to using too much "he" detergent - perhaps this could be a similar issue - there is a foul odor in the machine - like it's not draining fully.

Here is how to get it into diagnostics, it should show you an error code that will tell us what the problem is..

graphic

You can then download the tech sheet below and see what the code means...

Click here for the tech sheet..

I can then help you further after we see what is going on...

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory