Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

The lock somehow got turned on on my Kenmore Elite dishwasher,

The lock somehow got turned on on my Kenmore Elite dishwasher, so I cannot set the cycle or start it. How can I turn off the lock?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

IF you locate the "dry" button on your control panel (sometimes called the Heated dry, Air Dry, Energy Saver Dry, Pro dry depending on the model you have), you should just be able to press and hold the dry button for 5 seconds to remove the control lock. If that doesn't work, then send me your model number which is located on a sticker around the frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door and I'll make sure that your model doesn't have a special trick to remove the control lock.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!