Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

GE PROFILE GAS DRYER MOD. DPVH890EJ0MG. I NEED INSTRUCTION

GE PROFILE GAS DRYER MOD. DPVH890EJ0MG. I NEED INSTRUCTION ON REMOVING FRONT LOADER PANEL TO REPLACE A DRUM.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So first, you need to remove the top panel of the dryer. To do this, pull the dryer forward and remove the screws coming down into the back of the control panel. Once you remove these screws the control panel will pull straight up about 3-4 inches so that you can see the screws holding the top panel on and the control panel. Remove these screws and pull the control panel off and the top panel off.

Now once these panel are removes, you'll see screws along the top of the front panel. Remove these screws and then tip the dryer back and remove the 2 screws in the lower right and left corner under the front panel. Now just open the door and remove the screws below the door way and the front panel should pull off.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mr Tyler, I removed two screws in the back, two in the door area, and two at the bottom. that is all the screws I see. Do the top panel come off first? front loader ge profile.

Which two in the back did you remove exactly?

Once you remove the 2 screws on the back of the dryer going into the back of the top panel (if those are the 2 screws you're talking about), that will allow you to just pull the top panel straight back, up, and off.

That will expose the screws going into the control panel from inside the dryer that you can remove and allow you to pull the control panel off which will expose the screws along the top of the front panel.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So that panel slide back and up, that is tight together, how I pull that apart without damage the control panel area?

I'm not sure what you mean by "that is tight together"? Once you remove the screws coming in from the back, if you're standing in back of the dryer, just grab the left and right side of the top panel and pull straight back, then up and off to remove the panel.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX not done what you want me to do. I will continue with your instruction and see what happen. I will do it now. be back in five minutes.

OK, good luck.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This panel is a puzzle, I lift the back up (rip) and saw two screws from the control panel to the top, the top will not come off unless the two screws are removed. I can't see how those screws are installed without being seem from the front.

OK I see now. You have the newest style model. So for this unit, you must pull the center knob off to expose a screw. The knob just pulls straight forward and off if you pull hard and it will expose a philips screw. Remove that screw and the control panel will slide straight up. This will give you access to the screws you could not access before.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That did it, thank you and good job.

No problem. If you need anything else then just let me know.