Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a whirlpool washer model lsr8233eq0. It was not finishing

I have a whirlpool washer model lsr8233eq0. It was not finishing cycles so I replaced the timer, now it will not stop filling with water no matter where I turn the dial. Could the timer cause that or is it coincidence that the water level switch went out too? I can't find a leak on the pressure hose by looking at it but it's possible it has a crack, but the washer did not have this problem 2 days ago before I replaced the timer.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Will the washer stop filling if you turn the washer off or unplug the washer?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, if I pull the knob it stops, but when I engage the washer, no matter where the dial is set to, it just starts filling and won't stop until I pull the knob again.
If you manually turn the knob to spin and drain, will it still keep filing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK then you either got a bad timer or possibly it was installed wrong? I'm not sure how you could mix up the wires, but I'd return the timer because it came faulty.