John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I cannot get freezer door open. have turned off settings to

Customer Question

I cannot get freezer door open. have turned off settings to bottom fridge and top freezer to zero.
turned off water supply to copper piping.
am selling house and came over to clean out fridge but noticed a rather loud running sound.

when I went to open fridge to take out shelves to clean ,there was thin frozen ice on some on the left side.
On the very bottom under the crispers it was 1/4 inch thick.

I had kept the arm up in the off position, but I have a feeling when agents have had open houses they probably made ice and it froze over.

since I had everything turned off and had unplugged the fridge it naturally let water out underneath to the floor which I expected.

it is completely thawed,i had to keep moving back and forth a bit till no more water came out.

model 197D3354P008 NOV 05

How on earth can I
get that seal open?????
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Hello,My name is Bryan,I will be helping you today. that model number doesn't come up can you recheck that ? please open the refrigerator and look on the side wall or the ceiling for a tag.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry I am not over at that house. I will go over and get the info . the number I gave you was at the bottom front page of manual that came with it.

I will use that link to get back to you.

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay no problem. thanks.