Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Neptune Gas Dryer. Its stuck on 64 minutes. Start/Pause is

Customer Question

Neptune Gas Dryer. It's stuck on 64 minutes. Start/Pause is flashing. Won't start, cancel, change, or anything else. Have unplugged it for days, no change. Will not go into service mode, give error codes, nothing. Door switch is good and thermal fuse is good. Now what?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you!

Your touch panel is experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Cut the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while "massaging" the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and I can get you the correct part information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That didn't change anything. Warmed enough to be uncomfortable to touch. Cycled each button several times, then plugged it back in.

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
May I please have your model and serial number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have no idea. There is a sticker missing from the bottom center of the door opening. ( all that's left is the glue). Not on the back or inside the the case front. Don't know where else to look. There was a skematic taped inside the top panel. (Behind the touch pad).
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
It may be on top of the timer console. Or, it may be inside the door around the opening.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As I said, it's not there. I've called someone who will come out.