Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My front loading Kenmore Elite keeps coming up with a F35 code

My front loading Kenmore Elite keeps coming up with a F35 code message. What does this mean? I push STOP then it drains. I start it again, then it shows a SUD message. It does not work at all.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So both F35 and SUD means that the unit thinks the tub is flooding.  So unless the water level inside the washer is actually over half way up the door, your pressure switch has failed and isn't sensing properly.  You'll need to manually open the door first, then replace the pressure switch under the top panel mounted to the right side wall to get rid of the error.  If your door happens to be locked (this happens sometimes with this error), remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel.  The panel will then pull straight down and off.  Once you remove this panel you can reach up behind the upper front panel and pull down on the small plastic pull tab attached to the bottom of the door lock assembly.  This will manually unlock the door so you can open the door.

To access the pressure switch, pull the washer forward and remove the 2 or 3 screws coming in from the back of the top panel.  The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off.  The pressure switch is mounted to the right side wall above the tub and is the only part with several wires going to it as well as a small rubber hose.  Disconnect the rubber hose and blow through it to make sure it's clear.  If you still have an issue, replace the pressure switch itself.

Now as a last note I also want to mention that sometimes the control board will cause this issue, but there is no way to check. So if you replace the pressure switch and still have this error, the main control board (CCU) would need to be ordered and replaced.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We are in the process of accessing the pressure switch to see if this works.

ok sounds good
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We blew through the hose and have started up the machine to see if this works. I will get back to you in a few minutes.

OK hopefully it will work, but if it doesn't then the next step would be to replace the pressure switch.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It didn't work. We followed your directions and the same thing is happening with the F35 and SUD messages. I will need a serviceman to come out to the house. Do we contact one or do you? Do we get a 30.00 credit since this didn't work?

So we can't guarantee that the easy fix is going to work, and in fact I believe I said you would likely need to replace the pressure switch, But it's something to check to hopefully avoid replacing parts. But you are paying for my time to help you. I am giving you my free time and knowledge to help you understand what the problem is with your machine. As for contacting a servicer, I'm out of Colorado so I wouldn't know who is local to you, but you can call a servicer if you wanted to, or you can order the part from if you enter your model number and replace the pressure switch yourself which might be the best option since you're capable of accessing the switch already.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!