Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a frigidaire electric range. The bake and broil has

I have a frigidaire electric range. The bake and broil has stopped working while the cook top is ok.
Opened the back and switched on the broil. got 120 on all 4 terminals when connected to neutral.
When I checked the resistance on the coils, they showed .56 K m ohm on both.
Any suggestions as to what is wrong with it?
Thanks in advance.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! On the back of the oven control, do you see two terminals, one marked L2 IN and the other L2 OUT?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes on the control board

Okay, with the range unplugged, remove the L2 IN & L2 OUT wires from the control and tape them together. Will the oven then heat?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok, hang on.

can you call me on XXX-XXX-XXXX?

This typing is not convenient for me.

Besides this site keeps taking me to some monthly subscription thing.

I am sorry, we are not allowed to at this time. The results will bring an answer so it will not be long typing for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok, I have L1, L2 in and L2 out.

I taped up L1 and L2in and it blew the breaker.

No, you need to tape L2 IN and L2 OUT together.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I need to leave in 10 min, can I get in touch with you after 2 hours?

Yes. If you have heat from the elements with L2 wires taped together, which I suspect you will, the oven control will need to be replaced and is available below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!