Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Hi, I have a Kenmore Elite Oasis washer model(NNN) NNN-NNNNthat

Hi, I have a Kenmore Elite Oasis washer model(NNN) NNN-NNNNthat keeps cycling lights for the wash cycle. When dial is set on normal and machine is started lights continue to cycle through various options. Machine will sometimes run through an entire wash and other times will remain in wash cycle or revert to filling tub. Help!
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So are you getting an actual error code? Does it say F01 or F2 or anything like that?

Also, can I get the full model which has a few more numbers after the 2703 and is listed on a sticker below the lid down near the hinges.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model# XXXXX Serial# XXXXX Type 581

I believe the code was f02; can not remember for sure.

OK so perfect. So error F2 means that your washer isn't draining properly.  There is a drain catch inside the washer that you will want to access and clean if you're getting this drain error.  To access the drain catch, tip the machine backwards and lean it against the wall at a 45 degree angle or so.  Remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel.  The lower front panel will then pull down and off.  There is a 3" diameter plastic twist cap directly under the tub mounted to the floor.  This is your drain cap.  Unscrew the cap and clear any debris inside the drain catch.  Be careful when you unscrew the cap because some water will come out even though the unit is tipped backwards.  Also, make sure to have lots of towels ready or a wet vac if you happen to have one.  If you find nothing and the drain hose is clear, replace your drain pump.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need.  If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The machine drains alright. I believe the problems is more with the digital display that keeps cycleing through options and will not stay on desired cycle (i.e. Normal wash).

Ah yes, I would definitely say that the F02 has nothing to do with the display cycling through options. It sounds like your interface control board is just beginning to fail and giving off false error codes.

Below is a link to the interface board you'd need to order for your model.