Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Locked by Customer Service

Customer Question

how do you get the glass front off?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you and tell you how to take your unit apart.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Model is a Heatilator Max 60

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Page 35 of the manual available below will show you exactly how to remove it!

CLICK HERE

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Let me see, I have that downloaded from Heatilator,

My insert does not have that attachment.

Mine has no vents above the glass, just a

smooth metal plate, no visible latches

Frank

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I already have that info, I can't get the front off.

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
I understand and apologize for the duplicate information. I have placed your question back to the list for others to see in case another has the information you seek.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Okay, I can't get the front off (screen& glass) off my insert.

With out that I can't get any thing else off.

The screen and glass looks like it lifts up and then comes out at the bottom.

Mine will not lift up. I have tried really hard to move it and it won't budge.

I don't see any thing holding it and the factory manual gives no hint as to what to do.

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
If you could post some pictures, it may be helpful.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hera ia a photo.

Frank

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Thank you. Are there any screws at the bottom of the front panel, once the access panel has been opened?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Only the ones where the tabs slip in to replace the front piece.

Here is one of 4 tabs, I have tried taking all the screws out of the brackets for the tabs, I can kind of swing the bottom out about 4 or 5 inches.

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
So when the bottom pulls out, it will not lift up off the tabs at the top?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Nope, it should lift up without taking the brackets off.

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Can you take a picture of the top of the fireplace, please? Will the top vents lift up and remove, exposing screws or release brackets?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

No, above the grill work there looks to be enough space to lift it up,

but it won't budge.

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
I believe the metal part has to come off separate of the glass. The glass has to be latched very tightly in place as it is sealed. When you pulled the bottom out, did the glass come loose or just the metal front?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

both

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Hmm, I am at a loss. I am going to open your question back up while I continue to research.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Okay

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Okay, no answer?

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
I have found nothing in addition to what we have tried. I had hoped another would have experience with this exact model, but nobody has posted yet.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I have had to order a service call on this fireplace insert.

Thanks

xxxxxx xxxxx

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
I understand, thank you. If you would like, I can forward your deposit for a refund.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Please refund It.

Thanks

frank

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
I will send it in right away, sorry we could not get it figured out.