Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My dishwasher does not start anymore. The bottom on the machine

My dishwasher does not start anymore. The bottom on the machine had about 3 inches of water just sitting. I had to empty it by hand. When I push the start button on it does nothing. Barry has always come through for us in the past. What do u think it might be? John XXXXX

Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. can you get me the make and model number ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Kitchen Aid model# XXXXX

sorry for the delay

thats okay, stand by please.
okay does your digital display or any lights at all come on ? the keys when you press them do they beep at all or does this just seem completely dead? no power what so ever?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The lights on the switch console do come on and work.

oh okay , but when you press start nothing correct ? first thing you need to check is the door switches, do you have a volt or multi meter ? if so click this blue link and watch the video. it shows you how to test them. remove the screws around the inner door panel and lift it up to access the door latch assembly where the switches are.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Right I press start, nothing. Yes I have a meter. Where would my door switch be? I dont see any switch on my door opening anywhere.

its inside the door in the latch assembly the switch is number 12 and the latch assembly is number 9. you need to take the inner door skin off to access it, It looks like this model only has one.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, I just removed the switch but my needle moves therefore the switch is good, correct?

well does it move to 0 ohms ? like in the video ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, when i depress the white cap on the switch the needle moves to 0 ohms

okay. well its good,in the door did you see this ? Main Control Board(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product View its the main control board and thats whats bad. heres a link to order it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do you believe its this part or do you believe it could be the thermal fuse?

well if the thermal fuse was gone the control lights wouldn't light up and you say they do. you can test it if you wish but I believe its good. Thermal Fuse(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product View heres a link to a video to test it. you can order it at that link if you need it also but I don't think you do.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Bryan. last question I have a Kitchen aid and the link you sent me for the part says whirpool. Am i ok to order this part for my kitchen aid?

yes Whirlpool bought Kitchen aid many years ago and kept the name, its a whirlpool so yes you can order it there. thanks and please remember to rate me 3 or above so I get credit for assisting you. Barry is a friend of mine and he couldn't take this question and asked me if I could , Have a great night , Bryan