Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have a Maytag gas dryer and it makes a noise for about 2

We have a Maytag gas dryer and it makes a noise for about 2 minutes and then stops after being loader with clothes to dry.
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back. Is the noise a rattling noise ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm sorry it's an electric dryer and sounds like a bearing possibly failing.

okay give me a few minutes to look this up.
Okay got it, So when you start this it squeals and only runs 2 minutes and stops ? can you push the start button immediately like within a few seconds and will it start or do you have to wait about 5-7 minutes before it restarts ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it does it when you start the dryer for the first 1-2 minutes and stops!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it doesn't stop at all it continues to dry the clothes fine. It just makes the noise for the first minute or two.

okay but right after it stops you can restart it by pushing the start button immediately ? like within a second or two ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes you can restart it but I don't need to because it keeps drying without the noise.

okay I see and it keeps running, alright you need to replace your drum support wheels. Drum Roller 12001541 Main Product View these sqeal until the warm up after running a few minutes. heres a link to order them, you will need two. thers a video there to show you how to replace them also.