Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

am i diagnosing this dryer correctly? Kirkland Elect MO#

am i diagnosing this dryer correctly? Kirkland Elect MO# XXXXX ... it has no heat ... all fuses seem fine & i can trace 110v (To nuetral) from L2 red all the way up to the timer w/ the motor running
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back. can you test for 220 volts at the element itself ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how do i do that?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

get 220v from the element (red) to the black both b4 and after the element (when the motors running)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I DO get ... 220v from the element (red) to the black both b4 and after the element (when the motors running)

okay remove the back panel and on the right side is the heater assembly there are two terminals at the bottom with thick red wires (2) put your meter on 500 VAC and test across those two wires while the dryer is running and see if you get 220 volts.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

nope ... no voltage

okay give me a minute
okay on the side of the heater you will see these. Thermal Cut Out Fuse Kit 279816          Main Product View unplug the dryer and test the one up at the top for continuity, heres a link where theres a video on how to test them. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermal-Cut-Out-Fuse-Kit/279816/2651?modelNumber=SEDX600MQ0?RCAID=1000065 click that blue link. if theres no continuity you can order the set at that link. let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes the high limit therm and fuse are good .... i replaced the timer w/ a good used one .... whala! I now have 220 across the heater terminals!

thanks .... i do however still have 33volts from the dryer shell to neutral .... thats not normal is it?

your getting 33 volts from your white neutral to the body of the dryer ? do you have a 4 wire or 3 wire plug to the wall ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

4

okay now you have one red on one outside one white in the middle one and black on the other side then the green ground to the body correct ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes ... but 28v from the ground screw to the middle white nuetral

okay that's weird.is the ground strap still connected to the body of the dryer from the middle post ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thre is a green from the terminal block to that runs into the white (Factory spliced in ) + i also see a green coming from the control panel grounded to the shell

theres a green wire from the center post to ground ? if so that has to come off, the green wire from the cord should be directly to the body and the white from the cord should be the only thing on the center post. is the green from your cord right on the body ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

okay mmm, not sure why your getting voltage , its wired right, its running correctly right now? your not getting shocked right ? it has to be a back feed from somewhere.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i moved the Dryers green that runs into the white (Factory spliced in ) from the terminal block to the ground screw that's shared w/ the pigtail ...

No more voltage .... thanks

Okay that's great , I'm not sure why it was that way but glad you got it. thanks and please remember to rate me 3 or above so I get credit for assisting you. thanks and have a great night ! Bryan