Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

I have a Roper refrigerator with freezer on top - Model #RT21LMXK009,

I have a Roper refrigerator with freezer on top - Model #RT21LMXK009, Serial No. ET1819644. It appears the ice maker leaks down the back and makes a big sheet of ice down the back wall and into the ice bucket. Does something need to be fixed or do I need a new icemaker? I am a SWF 52 years old .... thx.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Take a look in the ice bucket. Are the cubes on the top that are not frozen in the sheet normal?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sort of .... a lot of the times the ice it makes seem hollow ....

I understand exactly what is happening Susan. Hollow cubes are caused when not enough water is being delivered to the ice maker.

This is what to do, that tube behind the ice maker at the top of that sheet is loose. You may have to thaw the freezer but that tube needs to be loose so you can move it and it may be frozen in place. Once you have it loose give it a turn and push it back into the hole. Push toward the rear of the freezer, it slips into another tube back there and has popped out. Thats all it will take.

If you have questions please ask, if not then please leave a rating for me,