Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

have a cdw9380n20ss diswasher and it will not stop on rinse

have a cdw9380n20ss diswasher and it will not stop on rinse only , is there a problem or am i doing something wrong?
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! What exactly happens when it is set to rinse only cycle? How long will it run?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it skips over that selection it will not do anyting

OKay, so if you select it, it will not even program?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it seems that way

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Your touch panel is experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Cut the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while "massaging" the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and I can get you the correct part information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tried your suggestion about hair dryer and rubbing that rinse light but as i said it skips over that completely do not know if i want the expense of a whole new panel for that 1 problem, also there is not button to push and hold there is only the up and down button to push which wash cycle you want all light up except the rinse only but thanks for your help, i am sure that is an expensive fix and i will need someone to fix it also. ann h

I understand, thank you.