Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I purchased a Kenmore microwave model 66339800. The lights

Customer Question

I purchased a Kenmore microwave model 66339800. The lights work, the turntable turns, the motor sounds like it is working but it is not heating. What shall I do to fix the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Does it sound any different than it has in the past? Especially any quieter or making any odd noises, like loud humming or buzzing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It sounds the same

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The motor sounds the same

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! Do you have access to an ammeter to test the current draw of the microwave and are you comfortable working with electricity and electrical components?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no I am not Any suggestions?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, well all the symptoms point to the magnetron as being faulty. The magnetron is delivered several thousand volts to work, so if you are not comfortable replacing it, I would definitely not attempt it. There is danger there even with the unit unplugged, so you would be best to have it repaired or replace it.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
Every time I try to click my response an ad appears to try to see me more of your product. I want my $30 returned since I did not get an answer to my question.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Your answer is above and I have also posted it below. Sorry for the confusion.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What is the cost of a megnetron and its installation?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The magnetron is available below for $60.80 + shipping. Labor to install will run about $100 or so, depending on your area.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Magnetron <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!