Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

Type your question here. My Kenmore heavy duty plus had been

Customer Question

Type your question here.
My Kenmore heavy duty plus had been running on 20amp breakers and kept triping off. I had a 30amp breaker installed and now have no heat
Submitted: 3 years ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

If this is a dryer there should be 30 amp breakers and that was the correct thing to do. Now if the dryer is running without heating and nothing else has changed a mistake was made in the wiring of the breaker or the breaker installed is not on both poles of your homes 240 volt bars in the breaker box. The dryer runs on 2 separate poles coming out of that box, one runs the tumbler motor and the other runs the heat. Putting both on a single bar in that box will not power the heater but will run the motor. Or one side of the breaker is not good.

Please ask if you have questions, if not please leave a rating for me.