Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

hello, my fridge (kitchen aid) will no longer cool (freezer

Customer Question

hello, my fridge (kitchen aid) will no longer cool (freezer either) but the light goes on. Anything I should check for before I call someone? and do you have technicians in Vancouver, B.C. Canad (downtown)?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you! Can you hear a fan running in the freezer? Any other noises, like clicking or buzzing?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Gee, I am not there. I live in québec and this fridge is in my place in vancouver. If you give me a list of questions I can get someone to answer them and get back to you. sorry!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The lights were blinking on the clocks so it appears there may have been a power outage or power surge?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Oh, that is no problem at all. If the fan is running in the freezer, you likely have a faulty compressor electrical. If the fan is not running in the freezer, the temperature control in the fresh food section is likely at fault. Have them tap on the controls (numbers 5 & 9) with a screwdriver handle and see if it comes on, if it is off. Let me know what you find and I can provide you with part and repair information. You may reply back with no limits on time or responses at not one cent additional charge until we get it figured out!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Perfect! shall get someone to check what you wrote . Thank you! How do I get back to you when I get the answers Kelly?

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
You may simply save the URL to your favorites or follow a link that has been sent to your email.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thanks! Merci!

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
You are very wlecome!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

HI. seems the fridage fan is off. shall get them to tap. sent this image...which is very confusing ..i assume this control panel is where the fruit stuff is?

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Yes, if the fan is not on, the control is not telling the unit to turn on. Have them tap on the control that they would use to turn the refrigerator on. Will it start when they do that?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thank you! Shall get them to do this. Quite an operation here..you helping me from ???, i am in Québe and the fridge is in Vancouver! Gotta love the web :-)

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
I am in Montana, just about 60 miles north of the Wyoming border, in Billings. I love working this way! It can be a challenge but it sure is a neat feeling when we get to the bottom of a complex problem! Let me know how it goes. Have a great day, cold and rainy here.

Register Here
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Well you are VERY good at it! Lovely weather here..which is a good thing as it wasn't!

I am not sure who thought of this jsut ask idea but it is certainly interesting! So often the problems can be solved IF you know what to do to get at the problem! And certainly much cheaper- if the problem is not too bad!

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
That is the part I love the most, the money savings! When I was in the field, it was $100 just to walk in the door. It killed me to charge those prices, but was necessary to remain in business. I feel much better about my profession now and the feeling people get when they fix their own appliance is a great feeling to share!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

well the person was not able to tap anything that did anything. so i guess i will have to get someone to go. do you have pople you can recommend in vancouver?

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
The company at the link below has a 5 star rating, the highest in the area.

CLICK HERE