Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My front load washing machine is about two years old and the

Customer Question

My front load washing machine is about two years old and the water from the wash or rinse cycle will not drain all the way. I have checked the drain hose from machine to sewer and the hose from the machine itself, they are both clear. It is a model number wf331anwxaa.
Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXX I look forward to helping you! Down in the lower RF corner of the front panel, there is a small trap door, shown as number 5 in the diagram below. Behind that is the drain pump filter. It will unscrew to allow removal for cleaning. I suspect that filter is plugged. Once that is cleaned, normal operation will likely be restored. Let me know what you find.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I have already done that and that drain tube is how I emptied the washer

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Okay, thank you. If it is all clear, the drain impeller is likely loose from the drain pump motor shaft. The pump will likely need to be replaced. Usually, but not always, the pump will sound a bit noisier, often times described as a grinding or chattering type noise. The correct pump for your model is pictured and available below.

Drain Pump <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

there was no noise that was out of the ordinary. before I dive into this is there any other possibility?

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
I don't believe so if you can hear the pump running and have assured a clear drain path. There could be something in the hose that leads from the bottom of the tub to the drain pump, but that is not real common.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

ok thank you

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
You are very welcome. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance!

There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
I see this question is still open. May I help with additional information?