Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have Samsung model rs2578bb and it will work fine for a few

Customer Question

I have Samsung model rs2578bb and it will work fine for a few days and then stops cooling what can you help me with on this.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

When the refrigerator stops cooling, do you hear any fans or motors running at all? Or is it 100% silent?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes sir I believe so but to be honest I don't know for sure
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
OK so that is really what you need to check. If it's 100% silent and nothing is running, you'd definitely need a new control board.

If you hear the fans running and such but the refrigerator or freezer isn't cooling, you've got a compressor issue. This means that your compressor is overloading and cutting out.  It will turn off for a few minutes and then try again over and over.  Pull the refrigerator forward and unplug the refrigerator.  Remove the lower back access panel and locate your large black round compressor.  There is a small plastic box attached to the side of the compressor with several wires going into it.  This is your overload relay.  Pull the overload relay off the compressor and shake it.  If it rattles, then it needs to be replaced.  If it doesn't rattle, then you likely have a bad compressor and you'll need to call a technician in order to replace the compressor.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
I'm just following up to see how your appliance is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?