Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

the lock button is in the locked position and it will not unlock on Ke

the lock button is in the locked position and it will not unlock on Kenmore side by side fridge
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The issue is likely with the interface (number 20) on the dispenser facade. Does the button feel different than the others or as it has in the past?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just bought fridge used. lock button feels the same as all the others. none of them work because the panel is locked

Thank you. There is a trick we can try. Unplug the refrigerator. Use a hair dryer to heat the buttons until very warm (but not warm enough to damage) while rubbing firmly over each one several times. Does it change the behavior? What color is the refrigerator?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

color white. this will take a while to try this

Okay, if it does not unlock, that entire front facade will need to be replaced. It is available below. There are two tabs on the bottom that you can place a screwdriver to release it and it will then lift up and unplug for replacement. Let me know how it goes.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I still have the same problem as before. suggestion to try did not solve the problem. I had to call a repair man to fix the problem which was a bad part. I don't feel like I got $30. worth of help.
I will send this in for a refund, sorry you had trouble.