Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

I have a whirlpool gold refrigerator. The water and ice controls

I have a whirlpool gold refrigerator. The water and ice controls went blank what is the common problem
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

There should be a model sticker high on the wall or ceiling in the fresh food section. Can you locate one there? I could definitely give good information if I had one.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Would have never thought to look inside.
Thanks Tony, give me a few minutes to look at the diagrams so I can tell what is in your model.

Does the ice, water or light work at the dispenser?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nothing works on the panel it is completely lights out

Replace the larger board with the relays on it. The water or ice should work if it were the display only. There are only 3 control wires going to the display board and that is for information and selection only. The actual controls for the ice and water are not at that board at all. Its part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN Unplug the refrigerator, replace the board and there is no programming involved. All plug and play.

If you have any questions at all please ask me. If not please leave a rating for my service.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok . I will order the board then see if it works. Then I can respond to weather I was satisfied or not. I appreaciate your response so quickly. When do I pay?
Well honestly Tony I do not work for Justanswer, I am a repair tech, so I do not know. You can contact Justanswer customer service. It should be at the bottom of your page. I can put the link in text here but it is not the kind you can click. You can paste it in your browser.

Look to the top right after you get there. You are very welcome and thank you for the opportunity.