Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

my Frigidaire washer model FAFW3801LW3 does not start, it looks

Customer Question

my Frigidaire washer model FAFW3801LW3 does not start, it looks like something wrong with a door , the light "door lock" is not lit, even though the door is closed tightly?
Kasia
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Is the door actually locking or does it just sit there and do absolutely nothing?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

door is locking no problem

OK so the problem is your door lock itself. I know that the door is locking, but the PTC sensor inside the latch is not giving the correct signal to turn the lock light on. It's actually a fairly easy part to replace if you're handy. You'll need to unplug the washer and open the door to start with. Then there is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off. From there you can pull the gasket back out of the way. Remove the screws going into the door latch from the front and reach behind to replace the door latch assembly.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hello Tyler,

I am not handy at all, I have no idea how to go about it I have to wait for my husband to come back from work and review your answer , is it Ok?

and also this is the first time I am using this option via online , can we get back to you this evening or tomorrow morning , how does this work?

sorry about that

Kasia

Yes, of course you can do that. And you can come back any time you need. Just bookmark the page or save the page to your favorites and you can come back and ask follow-up questions or review the question even after you rate me personally.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

It looks like we cannot repair the washer ourselves, I have to ask someone to come over and look at it but thank you for your help

Kasia

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
Alright, well if there is anything else I can help you with, please just let me know.