Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I just bought a Whirlpool Frig and it was delivered yesterday

Customer Question

I just bought a Whirlpool Frig and it was delivered yesterday 9/30/13. It was installed and plugged up around 5:00 yesterday. It is a Bottom freezer with one door on top. model
#GB2FHDXWS06 As of this morning it still is not cold in the frig and the freezer is now really cold. I know I need to be patience but how long will it take for me to use this new frig and put food and drinks in it. Is this normal. Water hasn't even gone into the ice maker
and the preset settings are supposed (per book) be on 4. You cannot move these settings.
the frig part is only on 3 and I cannot get it to go to 4. Is something wrong with my new frig??? I need help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So it sounds like you have a problem with the air circulating up to the refrigerator section. Possibly a bad evaporator fan motor behind the back wall inside the freezer? That is the fan that pushes air up to the refrigerator section to cool the ice compartment and cool the refrigerator. Or more likely the damper assembly is defective since you said you hear it making a pulsing noise and this is the part that opens and closes to allow air into the refrigerator from the freezer. Since the unit is still so new, you couldn't have a defrost issue at this point. But all that being said, Whirlpool says to wait 24 hours. It generally takes only 12 hours to be correct, but then there are fluctuations in the temperature for a few more hours. But it's been 12 hours and if it's nowhere near the temperature you have set the refrigerator to, I would call warranty and have them come out and look. My guess would be that you need a damper assembly since you hear it pulsing trying to open most likely.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your help. However, I bought this from Lowes and cannot

get a replacement for two weeks (new) If I want a frig I have to take the floor model. I will give free advertisment for your product and Lowes:

They couldn't or wouldn't get me another new frig. from another Lowes.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
Aye, so I'm not sure I ever mentioned that they would give you a new product. You would need to call Whirlpool and they will come out and replace the faulty part which will likely be faster than waiting for a new refrigerator. Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
I'm just following up to see how your appliance is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?