Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

I have a ZHF865 W/B/X/N Zanussi Duo and there is no heat to

Customer Question

I have a ZHF865 W/B/X/N Zanussi Duo and there is no heat to the fan oven.
I am trying to locate the heating element for the bottom fan oven.
the rear of the oven is off and I see the heaing element in the top oven and theone just below the top oven when veiwed from the rear opened oven.
Is this the same element used for the Fan oven?

If so does i need replacing if it come on during the use of the top oven or is there another element or problem with the oven

The fan and the clock work fine.
The top oven/grill works well

J
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 11 months ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Just so I have it clear...........

All works correctly, including the grill, EXCEPAT when you use the main fan oven?
At this point, does the temperature neon and the fan in the main oven, both come on?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes all works correctly, including the grill. There is no heat to the fan oven in the bottom of the duo Zanussi.

temperature neon? not sure what this is.

But if you mean does the light come on in the oven, does the light to the right of the temperature knob come on when turned - Yes.

Does the fan come on? - Yes

Expert:  Rob replied 11 months ago.
Hi John
Thats great, thanks

Hi
Ok In that case it sounds like its the circular element surrounding the fan.
Isolate from the power.
Remove the back panel inside the oven.
You will see the fan and the element.
Remove the retaining screws/bolts.
Carefully pull forward the element and the wiring.
Remove the wiring.
You may see damage to the element.
If you have a meter, check it for continuity, if its open circuit you will need to replace it.
See here for the replacement.

If you need more help, please ask me

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi Rob,

I have removed the retaining bolts from the back but it still appears o be attached. are there further screws I can't pull the fan and element.

wiring un-attached

thx

Expert:  Rob replied 11 months ago.
Hi John

Are you talking about the back panel???

The fan is accessed from the rear of the oven, so it has to be removed the kitchen cabinets and the rear panel removed.

The element is accessed by removing the INSIDE rear panel.
Let me know
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi Rob,

Yes I took the back panel off earlier and but it appears that the heating element in located inside the bottom fan oven behind the heating element guard.

So, got there in the end. I have reconnected the fan because it does nt need to be disconnected in this model to replace the element.

I'll set about ordering and replacing the element now that I have it.

thanks for your help

regards

Expert:  Rob replied 11 months ago.
Hi John

I think thats what I said, sorry if it wasn't clear.

Glad you got there in the end.

The link I sent is the best price I think you can find, and they deliver really quickly

Please don't forget to rate as this is how I get credit for helping you today.

If you need anything after rating, just post back here and Ill get the message

Thanks
Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

No Worries,

all sorted, thanks for your help.

I should have realised there was another one. I'd seen a picture of it as the one to replace just could not find it. with the rear panel off.

Now it is obvious why.

I've completed the feedback.

all the best Rob

Expert:  Rob replied 11 months ago.
Hi John

Thats great, thanks

All the best

Rob