Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore Elite HE3 #110.42822203 washing machine.

I have a Kenmore Elite HE3 #110.42822203 washing machine. I was doing some electrical work on my house and threw the main circuit breaker kill power to the house and apparently my wife was running a load in the washer at the time. Restored power and now the washing machine won't stay on. You can unplug it then plug it back in and it will fire up and start any cycle you choose. No matter what you choose it will power down withing 1 to 2 minutes of beginning that cycle. Help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

When the washer shuts down, is it beeping or flashing lights or giving you an error code at all? Or does it just shut down and the display goes blank?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The whole front panel goes blank. You have to unplug and then plug back in to the outlet to bring the panel back up.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So unfortunately you have a bad control board then I'm afraid to say. The downside is that there are 3 control boards and you can really only rule out the motor control board mounted to the floor below the tub. The main control board and the interface control board communicate with one another all the time to work with one another. You can't really test which one has failed, but it sounds like the interface board is the faulty board. That being said, you won't be able to fix this problem without replacing a control board. I would recommend ordering the part from Repairclinic.com because you can't test between the two boards, but Repairclinic.com is one of the few places that will allow you to return a control board if you end up not needing them. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model number.

CLICK HERE for control board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was hoping for better news but I figured something got fried. So if I understand correctly this board "USER CONTROL BOARD(NNN) NNN-NNNN is what I need to buy and "should" hopefully fix the problem, or is there another board as well the could be faulty?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
That is correct. The user control board is the one you want to replace first. Now the main CCU (central control unit) could also cause this issue but there is no way to know until after you replace the board and know if it's working. If for some reason it doesn't fix the issue, you'd need to return the user control board and order part number(NNN) NNN-NNNNwhich is under the top panel of the washer above the tub.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.