Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

Hi Jon, Hopefully you will get this (you were offline before

Customer Question

Hi Jon,
Hopefully you will get this (you were offline before - maybe it didn't go thru).
So, the Fisher Paykil dishwasher drawer set is at it again.
All of a sudden, when attempting to start a wash cycle, both machines starting beeping (I have the integrated model) and the center light flashing. Also, the 'sealing' noise began on both - and continued (no water in the drawers). I turned off the circuit breaker., waited an hour, turned it back on - same thing. The noise keeps working even when
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today since Jon is not on-line.

So this center light flashing actually means you have an "F1" error, but since you have an integrated model, you don't have a display to display the F1. F1 means that there is water in the base pan below the bottom drawer. This usually happens because something was stacked too high in one of the drawers when it was running and this caused the lid to not seal up when the drawer was shut. To correct the issue, pull the bottom drawer out. There are 2 square plastic push tabs on the right and left side of the drawer just behind the front panel. Pull the drawer forward and push in on these tabs. This will allow you to pull the drawer out a bit further so that you can get towels in the base pan behind the drawer.. Soak up all the water and leave the unit unplugged for 24 hours to let it dry out. Once it's dry, the F1 error will not return. If the F1 error does re-occur, then unfortunately you will need to replace the small filter board in the back left corner of the base pan under the plastic housing because that is what senses the water. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to remove the bottom drawer so that you can complete this repair.

CLICK HERE

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hi,
can I just open the drawer somewhat and let the water evaporate on its own. I know this will take a while longer but that's not a problem.
Also, would this condition affect both drawers even if the problem started on the bottom drawer/
Thanks
You can yes. If you open the bottom drawer and let it evaporate, it will take about a week or so to dry out.

Since the flood sensor is on the floor below the bottom drawer, the dishwasher has no idea what drawer caused the leak so it stops both drawers from working and it will just beep and constantly drain both drawers all the time as a default.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Expert:  Jon replied 11 months ago.
I am here for you now. I apologize for the delay. Like I had explained above my internet had been experiencing some difficulties. I apologize for the slow response time.

But it looks like Tyler has handled the question well in my absence. You are definitely getting the f1 error if it comes on immediately after power back on the machine. Common error for these style machines. Just make sure that your dishes when fully loaded and placed into the dishwasher are not too tall or big like Tyler had mentioned above or else the same issue will keep happening.

I, Just like Tyler recommends, letting the dishwasher sit for a few weeks if you can to let the water evaporate. You don't need to open the bottom drawer if you don't want to. But if you did, it would help speed up the process. If you could even tip the dishwasher forward at about a 40 degree angle and place some towels in front of the dishwasher to soak up the water that will spill out, that will aide in the evaporation time it takes for the water to evaporate.

But if you don't want to or even don't have the time to tilt the machine, that is fine to. Just leave the machine for about a week or so and it should be fine.

If you do find that the machine when started after a week or so still gives the error or beeping right away, then I would recommend at that point pulling the bottom drawer out to inspect further.

Please get back to either one of us again if you have more questions and we will help you more.

And Please, PLEASE, give Tyler the credit for helping you since he was the first one to respond. And again, sorry that I couldn't get to your questions sooner. I am going to have to fix my internet connection and server.

Thanks again and please let us know how you do.
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your additional advice. I will let you know how it is ina few days.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thank you Tyler. I will follow your advice and report back,

Al

Expert:  Jon replied 11 months ago.
Al,

Thank you again for the positive rating. It is greatly appreciated.

I have spoken with Tyler and he is going to let me help you solely from here on out since you had requested me directly. So if you have any other questions or concerns I will be here to help you. Just as I was the whole time.

You should find the water to be fully evaporated after a weeks time so if you run into any troubles after that please get back to me here and let me know. And please let me know how you make out as well.

Thanks again.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi Jon,

I turned the circuit breaker back on and - surprise- both drawers are working perfectly. I believe the cause of the flooding might have been a cookie tray put in vertically. We will be more careful in the future.

Thanks for your help.

Best,

Al

Expert:  Jon replied 11 months ago.
Al,

The larger cookie tray would definitely do it. In your dishwasher, if there is any larger plate or glass or in your case a cookie tray that is bigger or taller then the tub of the dishwasher, when the lid tries to lock down on top of the drawer, the larger item will prevent the lid from closing. And basically the dishwasher will wash the dishes with the lid open. Thus causing the water that would normally hit the lid and return to the dishwasher tub to splash over the tub and end up down below the bottom drawer.

So just be sure to dry up the water and or let it evaporate completely and next time you load your dishes in make sure they don't go over the top of the dishwasher and you should be good to go.

And if you are saying that your machines are now working fine with just the reset of the breaker great. You caught it early and not much water dripped down into the drain pan of the dishwasher. So if it is working fine now, again, just keep in mind that you have to keep all the dishes and or glasses under the top of the dishwasher tub.

Please get back to me here again if you have more questions and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks again.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

I am back with the same problem with my Fisher Paykel DD603 drawers.

The other day, the top drawer started beeping, with the F1 problem. The drawer had a layer of suds, upon opening.

I turned off the current, opened both drawers and let everything dry off, as previously.

When I turned on the current - no beeping. However, after starting a cycle, at the rinse time, the drawer started beeping again. This time the drawer had suds in it too. This is without adding any new detergent.

So I repeated the process. And, once again, everything looked fine but a new cycle was interrupted by beeps and - a drawer of suds once again (also without adding any detergent).

What do you think?