John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Tyler you helped

Customer Question

Tyler you helped me the 25 with a question about my Maytag washer not spinning and the lid lock not working. You suggested an electric control board which I ordered and replaced but the washer still does not spin. What next?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Were you able to pull up a different error code by chance? WIthout a different error code, you may need to have a technician come out and check the unit over because the error code you said you were getting wasn't a valid code.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the following are the codes i got;

sensing,rinse,done followed by done

sensing,rinse,spin,done followed by done

sensing,rinse spin,done followed by rinse done

sensing follwed by spin

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
OK so that second error code is a drain issue. I would recommend removing the drain pump and draining the water out and removing any blockage you find inside the drain pump, then trying the spin cycle again. Below is a video that shows you how to access the pump and remove it.

CLICK HERE for video