Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

how do i test a wb27x10628 microwave oven touchpad

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The keypad can be tested by measuring between the contacts while pressing the buttons. The page below will show which keys correspond to which connections. The information you need is in the upper RH corner.

CLICK HERE

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

-+

Thanks for your response but I cannot access the information on the

MEDIA FIRE page.which should show the contacts etc.It says access

denied. Please advise ASAP

Thanks

Dennis

----

-

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The link below should work.

CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The contacts on the strip are too small to be checked with my meter probes . I re-installed the control panel..When i plugged it in, the indicator panel showed 888 and when I pressed the start button it showed PF.

What does that indicate

Dennis

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That just means Power Failure, or that power had been off from the main control.

Your touch panel is probably experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Cut the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while "massaging" the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and I can get you the correct part information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried the hair dryer but it did not work please advise about availability and price of control panel

Dennis

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That part is pictured and available below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Touchpad Assembly <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!