Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

our washing machine wont do nothing, we can hear electrical

our washing machine wont do nothing, we can hear electrical power (is silent) we have a whirlpool washer model LSB6300pw1//the problem started by not spinning or draining,now it wont do anything
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Does the washer still fill with water? Is the tub full of water right now?

Also, does the timer stop advancing or does it advance to the end and just skip all the functions in the cycle?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes,water fills and is full right now but the timer stops there. It does not advance past this stage when he cycle is begun

OK so that means something is wrong with your lid switch. Under the control panel in the back left corner is a plastic lid switch. There is a metal rod that hangs from the left hinge that pushes up on the lid switch to activate it. Now sometimes this metal rod will bend down over time and not hit the lid switch enough to activate it. So try to bend the bar up a bit so that it hits the lid switch better. Don't bend it too far or it can push too far and break the lid switch mounts. Either way, if it still doesn't work, then you'll need to replace the lid switch. Below is a link to the lid switch you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for lid switch

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i tried what you suggested, replaced the lid switch, and bended the rod a little, however the problem improved just a little, it starts and works very slowly, could the rod be in the wrong place?

You and watch under the cabinet if you take the cabinet off to see if the rod is pushing up into the lid switch properly, but it usually doesn't bend to the point that it's not hitting the switch in the right area.

But I'm really not sure what you mean by "works very slowly" because how fast the agitator moves or the washer spins has nothing to do with the lid switch.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i took the cabinet off, the lid appears to have good contact with the lid switch but it is stll not funtioning

So if it won't agitate or spin at all then I would replace the lid switch.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry to bug you, but i tried a new lid switch, but the problem still the same wont agitate or spin, any suggestion? thank you

OK so the timer stops advancing also? And it still fills and won't drain correct?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

So if the lid switch isn't the problem, the only other thing that would stop the timer from advancing as well as do any other function is the timer itself or the pressure switch if it's not sending power back to the timer to tell it to start washing after it's filling. I honestly can't say I've ever seen the timer fail in this fashion. To test the pressure switch, you'll need to test continuity between the TAN and PURPLE wire terminals on the water level switch after the washer has filled up. You should have continuity through these 2 terminals and if not, then you need a new pressure switch. If you do have continuity, then you'd need a new timer assuming the lid switch is installed properly and working.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for your help, i called a local tech, it turned out to be the transmission, at first he also thought it was the lid switch, then he was puzzled for a few moments because he couln"t find the problem, he finally did, is repaired and everything ok. again thank you for your help.

I'm very glad it's all up and running but a transmission wouldn't stop the timer from advancing so I guess I don't quite understand why the transmission was the problem but I'm glad it's fixed one way or another.