Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a side by side whirlpool refrigerator/freezer.The lights

I have a side by side whirlpool refrigerator/freezer.The lights on the refrigerator do not work. I have replaced the bulb and the rocker switch.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you and see what else might stop the light from turning on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok so this is actually a really common issue on this model and unfortuantely the issue isn't with your switch or lights at all, the problem is that the relay on your main control board isn't sending power up to the light anymore. The main control board is mounted back by the compressor inside a silver metal box. You'll need to pull the refrigerator forward and unplug the unit. Then remove the screws going into the lower back panel and pull the lower back panel off. In the far back right corner mounted to the side wall is a sheet metal box and inside is the control board. You will need to order and replace this control board and it costs over $200. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for control board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!