Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I HAVE A KENMORE 253.56943601. WHEN THE ICE MAKER BEGINS TO

I HAVE A KENMORE 253.56943601. WHEN THE ICE MAKER BEGINS TO RE-FILL, WATER SHOOTS OUT THE WATER DISPENSER IN THE DOOR, AND WATER ALSO OVERFLOWS INTO THE ICE TRAY. I HAVE REPLACED THE WATER INLET VALVE, BUT I HAVE SEEN YOU ANSWERED ANOTHER CUSTOMER WITH THE DIODE COULD BE BAD... DOES MINE POSSIBLY HAVE THE DIODE IN THE POWER CORD/ WIRING HARNESS? OR WHAT ELSE COULD I BE MISSING? I HAVE SEARCHED ONLINE TO SEE IF MINE HAS THESES DIODES, BUT NO LUCK FINDING AN ANSWER.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you are exactly right. Your model does have these diodes in line with the water valve because it's made by Frigidaire. This diode kit is going to be your problem and you'll need to cut out the old diode back by the valve and splice in the new diode kit. If you just follow the wires coming from the valve, you'll see that some go into a little bundle that is sort of taped off. That is the diode kit. You'll want to order the kit in the link below which is the diode kit for your model.

CLICK HERE for kit

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

I'm just following up to see how your appliance is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?