John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have a RGC365 cooktop. The front left burner has both a

Customer Question

We have a RGC365 cooktop. The front left burner has both a "simmer" and a regular burner. The simmer part of the burner works but the regular part won't. It appears that gas isn't reaching this part of the burner. How can this be fixed?

The igniter works well.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you! So, to clarify, even if you turn the valve to the regular HIGH setting and attempt to light it with a match, it still will not light? Also, can you please post the rest of the model number?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is all of the model number that I have. Also, the cooktop is at our cottage. I can't try using a match today.

We did not try using a match. We just used the igniter.

The simmer part of the burner worked with the igniter but the regular burner would not.

Would it be OK if I got back to you this weekend with regards to using a match? I don't have access to the cooktop just now.

Thanks!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Of course, please take your time and just reply when you can. All I need to know is if the large part of the burner will light with a match when set to high and the rest of the model number, please. Thank you and have a great evening!