Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Whirlpool Dishwasher 14 years old. Delay switch is lite and

Whirlpool Dishwasher 14 years old. Delay switch is lite and I cannot cancel. Therefore can not start dishwasher.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you and see what would be needed to remove the delay light? The model is located on a sticker around the frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will go check

OK just let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is the delay light solid or flashing?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can no longer reply

I'm not sure what you mean? Did you still need assistance?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes. It is flashing. When I try to reply to your messages I am denied access

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Oh I'm sorry about that, that is a bug with the site that they are working to fix. I'm sorry you had to experience that.

But the flashing delay light is actually an error code. It means that your touchpad itself has an internal short for one reason or another. Try to turn the circuit breaker off or unplug the dishwasher for 60 seconds to see if it will reset the electronics. If that doesn't work and you can't push the delay light and remove the light, then the touch control panel would need to be ordered and replaced. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where is the link?

Hmm, not sure why you couldn't see it before but below is a link to the part

CLICK HERE for touchpade

The link is the "CLICK HERE" above this text.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just had a repair man out to do your suggested service. He was able to push two buttons and reset the panel that you said needed replacing your are fired. Do not charge me for your wrong advice!

I'm glad he was able to reset the issue one way or another, but the error code does mean that your touchpad is bad. The issue may yet still come back
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes that is true but I could have afforded a service call for who knows how long and my dishes would have been washed! Your advice did not offer me the choice of resetting as this gentleman did so your advice was not right at this time

Alright well once again, I'm glad it's up and running again for the time being.