Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

my gas dryer is only getting warm, not hot

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

First, make sure your vent is cleaned and the best way to do that is just run a cycle without the vent hose connected to the back of the dryer to see if things change. If your dryer still won't dry properly, then this is a pretty common issue unfortunately and it means that your gas coils are starting to fatigue and need to be ordered and replaced. As the coils heat up, the unit stops opening the valve or can't hold it open as long as intended because it gets weak. You just need to order and replace the 2 black cylinder gas coils located directly in front of the igniter. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace.

Now access to the coils is a bit different than the video in the link above. To get inside the dryer to access the coils, open the door and remove the screws going in through the door hinge into the front panel. Remove the 2 screws on the opposite side of the door way as well and the front panel will unclip at the top and hinge forward and down in order to replace the coils.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Tyler,

I figured that was the problem. Will order them now and I will hit you up again tomorrow or Wednesday once I receive them if I have any problems. Either way, I will let you know the final resolution. Thanks!

yes, please do. If you need anything else, I encourage you to post back and ask away.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Got the parts today. Installed, working like a charm. Thanks!

Awesome, thank you for the update.