Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I interrupted my front loading washer to add something and

I interrupted my front loading washer to add something and now it won't restart?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker just inside the door way.

Also, how is the control panel acting right now? Can you change the different cycles and options still? What lights are illuminated on the display?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The lights are flashing and I can't change anything it's frozen
OK perfect, which lights are flashing? All of them?

Also, can you try to count the amount of times it's flashing as this can sometimes be an error code if it's flashing in a pattern (8 flashes, pause, 2 flashes) etc...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The wash and est. time remaining are flashing back and forth of each other, no pauses just constant
OK so this is just a confused interface control board. Now the problem is that there really is no reset, but you will want to try to unplug the unit for 24 hours because the capacitors on the board can hold residual power inside and won't let the board reset because it's storing corrupted memory with the residual power. If you unplug the unit for 24 hours and it still acts the same tomorrow, the front interface display board would need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. Below is a link to the display board you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for interface display board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not a problem but I'm really sorry about the bad news.