Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Have a kitchenaid dish washer it wont start model # XXXXX

Have a kitchenaid dish washer it won't start model # XXXXX checked that it was getting it was getting power and it was
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have any signs of life like indicator lights or sounds from the control panel at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no signs of life

OK perfect. If you're certain that there is power getting to the dishwasher, remove the kick panel below the dishwasher and look for the 3" x 3" sheet metal box with the wire connections in it. Turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher before servicing. Remove the cover plate and look at the wire connections to see if any of the wires in the junctions box have shorted out. If they have been shorted or melted, you'll need to cut them back and re-wire them. If you find nothing at all wrong with the connections, then your fuse or control board is just shorted for one reason or another and the fuse or control board inside the door will need to be ordered and replaced. You can't test the control board but you can test the fuse. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to take the door apart to test the fuse and replace whatever part is faulty. Once the fuse is removed, just check continuity if you have a multimeter to determine if the fuse is bad or not. If the fuse doesn't have continuity then replace it. If you don't have a multimeter, then just order and replace the fuse as it will be cheaper than buying a multimeter and it will give you the same answer.

And below is a link to the fuse since it's the most likely part you'd need.

CLICK HERE for fuse

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!