Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Whirlpool dishwasher shuts off repeatedly during the first

Whirlpool dishwasher shuts off repeatedly during the first few minutes of starting a normal wash with heated dry. Completely shuts off, no lights, etc. Have to restart wash. Once the wash cycle runs past about 10 minutes it always completes the cycle. Unit is only a few years old.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So there really isn't anything that would ever shut the dishwasher off and allow you to restart it from the beginning other than the control board itself. It sounds like the logic inside the control board is just getting corrupted and shuts off when it shouldn't. This isn't going to be something you can test, but you can order a new control board from and they will allow you to return it if for any reason the problem isn't fixed or you don't need the part for whatever reason. This is a good option to have on issue you can't test, but again there is nothing that would really cause this other than the control board so I'm not sure there is really much concern as to what might else cause this problem.